Board of Directors
His Highness Prince Bandar bin Khaled F. Al Saud
Prince Bandar’s first forays in the world of Rock climbing happened when he joined his school’s rock climbing club in 5th grade in Nice, France. Since then, he has gone on to become the first Saudi citizen to climb the highest mountain in each continent (also known as the “Seven Summits”) and has continued climbing in the high-altitude sphere as well as rock climbing, Ice climbing and mixed climbing.
Within Saudi Arabia, he has aided in the development and bolting of many local climbing areas including Faisal’s Pinnacle, The Cat Wall, and others as well as the implementation of the first climbing competition in Hail where the first routes were established in 2015.
Climbing Specialization: High Altitude
- First Saudi to climb the Seven Summits
- Youngest Arab to climb the seven summits
- Fastest Arab completion of the seven summits (3.25 years)
- First Saudi summit on each of the highest mountains of Antarctica (Mount Vinson), North America (Denali) and South America (Aconcagua).
- Leave No Trace Master Educator
- Certified Wilderness First Responder WFR
- Social activist in in outdoor awareness and development
Ibrahim was first introduced to rock climbing in 2015 while on work assignment in Reading, United Kingdom. He has since gone on to take part on numerous scouting trips for potential climbing crags in Saudi Arabia including the now-developed Olympic crag in Al Shafa, in addition to multi-pitch sport climbs in Tanumah and big wall and trad climbing potentials around the kingdom.
Ibrahim takes special interest in outdoor rock climbing, particularly developing traditional and big-wall climbing in KSA to take it to the global stage as world destination for such endeavors by elite big-wall climbers across the globe.
- The only Saudi to successfully thru-hike the Pacific Crest Trail
- Tour du Mont Blanc (3 times)
- The West Highland Way (3 times)
- Alta Via 1
- Manaslu Circuit
- Incense Route